Back massagers for office chairs have proved to be a lifesaver for me.
I have been working in the office sitting for long hours on my seat and staring at my Laptop Screen. Now the situation was due to static work posters and long term sitting. I developed back pain.
It’s not only my story; it’s a story of almost 75-80% of people.
They may have developed back pain due to the issue like mine or maybe due to some other reasons.
But Sitting for a longer period makes the situation worse.
And you can’t help it because your work requires you to sit in one place for a more extended period whether you work at the office or home.
At home, you can use massagers to take care of your back.
But at the office or your workstation, you need something to massage your back to focus on your task.
Also, you should be able to carry it with you without much hassle.
To make your choice well informed, we have selected 11 Back Massagers for Office Chair.
SO, Relax and let us help you in fighting with that annoying back pain.
1.Comfier Shiatsu Neck & Back Massager:-
Take a break from your hectic schedule and get a full body massage.
You might say that I have so much work pending or who has time to go out and get the message.
Wait, what I am saying is take a break of 15 min and get the message while sitting at your office.
Yes, Comfier Shiatsu Neck & Back Massager can help you in doing that.
It’s one of the best office chair back massagers.
Place this multipurpose massage chair pad on the office chair and choose from the options available for you.
- 2D/3D Shiatsu Massage-: This will give you an effect of getting a massage from a Shiatsu massage expert.
Its four nodes will move inward and outward to give you a finger pressure shiatsu massage.
It also has a heat option for the nodes at the back to provide you with exceptional relief.
2.Rolling and spot massage: the nodes move up and down along the spine to relieve your back’s tension.
With the Spot Massage function, you can fix the nodes to any area on your back and enjoy Concentrated massage.
3.Air Massage-: This Massager has Airbags for your back and waist/thigh area.
When you select this option, the bags will squeeze and put pressure on your back, waist, or thigh area to improve circulation.
This full-body massager comes with an easy to use remote and many customization options to relax your aching back.
You got Kneading, finger pressure, air compression, Shiatsu, heat option for the back.
And vibration option for your thigh and buttock.
For your back, you can select the Rolling function. When selected, the nodes will move up and down on your back and provide significant relief.
Keep the Button pressed to adjust the width of the nodes.
Another option for the back is The Spot massage function. You can get a pinpointed massage at the desired part of your back.
- You can use it to massage other body parts like your neck and thighs apart from your back.
- This massager has a strap for fixing it on your office chair.
- Rolling and spot massage coupled with air compression is the best choice for back pain.
- It is versatile and comfortable. You can use it anytime and anywhere.
- I am 6 ft tall, and it was easy for me to use if you are less than or around 5’5, you may need to place a cushion on the sitting area.
- With so many functions available, it may be overwhelming to get used to it. So use the demo mode to understand its operations.
2.HoMedics Shiatsu 3D Trutouch Massage Cushion-
Sassy bought this massager for her mother, and I called her to know her opinion.
She Said, ” My mom is not happy with this”
That’s strange, but why?
She feels it’s a bit harsh on her back.
Her mother is 68 years old.
I requested her not to return it, and instead, let me check it once.
She agreed, and I brought it to my place.
I used it and found she was correct. The nodes in this massager are a bit hard for an older person.
But it doesn’t mean they can’t use it.
I figured out the way. I will tell you how?
But first, let me tell you something about this massager.
This massager provides you two massage options
- Shiatsu massage-: to relax your muscles with kneading massage function and
- Tapping( Rolling Massage)-: for percussion massage to loosen tight knots from your neck and back.
This massager works on innovative Trutoch massage technology. To make you feel like you are getting a massage from a masseuse.
(That’s why Sassy’s mom was feeling it to be hard on her back.)
This technology is to provide you with a deep massage experience in a short time.
This massager has four nodes, each for neck and back.
It has a handy remote to customize your massage experience easily.
You can choose To massage the entire back or upper or lower back.
You can choose the spot massage function to massage a particular zone.
It has the heat option to give you instant relief to your hurting back due to long hours of sitting in one place.
It comes with a strap so you can fasten it to your office chair to make it perfect back massagers for office chairs.
Now let me tell you how I solved Sassy’s problem.
You can say it was a pro tip for her.
It’s very simple!
Although the massage is quite intense, you can do two things if you want a soft massage.
Lean a bit forward to reduce the intensity or use a towel in between.
Also, if you want to increase the intensity, sit further back against the cushion.
(even though we do not recommend this, it’s quite intense on its own due to Trutoch technology)
We found people of any height can use this massager. as I am 6″ and Sassy’s Mom is 5’3
But I found it difficult to massage my shoulder blades even though I was trying to move the nodes up.
But they were not moving much higher on my upper back.
So what I did is another pro tip.
I used a pillow to elevate myself on the chair and used the neck massager to massage my shoulder blades.
Isn’t that skillful! What do you think?
IF you need a fit for all back massagers for office chairs or want a strong deep massage, this one’s for you.
- You can simultaneously have a neck and back massage.
- You can focus on your lower or upper back or can pinpoint a specific area.
- It will work on most chairs with a back and firm seat.
- The heat function helps loosen the muscles and offers enough heat to make you feel good.
- Its auto shut off functions enable it to stop after 15 min of use to avoid damage to you or the equipment.
- It isn’t easy to massage the shoulder blade area because the nodes do not move high enough( but we have given you a tip to overcome that)
- Old age, people may find the massage nodes a bit harsh.
3.Perfect Touch Masseuse Heated Massage Cushion-:
I am a great fan of heat massage; what about you?
According to Spine-health.com, “heat therapy can provide both pain relief and healing benefits for many types of lower back pain.”
And this massager has heat options for the neck, back, and thigh area.
It is one more feature-rich massager from HoMedics.
Apart from the heat, this seat massager for office chair has four massage styles.
- Deep Kneading Shiatsu massage: Feels like a therapist uses his strong hands to give you kneading massage on those pressure points to reduce stress and increase circulation.
- Rolling Massage-: nodes move up and down to make you feel relaxed and get rid of those aches and discomfort on both neck and back.
- Percussion Massage: This option gives deep tissue massage to work out the knots from stressed and overworked muscles. It also strengthens the muscles and increases blood circulation.
- Combination of Shiatsu and Percussion massage to have the experience of alternating massage.
This massager has an integrated strapping system that can fit all types of chairs.
Unlike other cushion massagers, this massager has neck and shoulder massage option (remember I told you in the previous massager how I find it difficult to massage my shoulder blades)
You can adjust the height and direction of nodes to massage either your neck or shoulders. But if you are less than 5.5,” you may require using a cushion to use the shoulder and neck massager properly.
Also, if you are more than 6.2,” you may find it difficult to massage your neck and shoulders. But with the little adjustment, you can deal with that.
It has a Remote attached to the massager with the option to massage three zones Neck, Back, and Thighs.
You can enjoy traveling as well as spot massage along with heat option on your back and neck.
The seating area has a vibration option along with heat to provide comfort to your thigh area.
The highlight of this massager is its APP-based function, so you can use your Smartphone to customize your massage.
Among other Chair Massage Cushions, we found this one to be the best for lower back pain people.
This massager is a perfect gift for your aching back and a perfect option to enjoy the full body massage.
- You can combine both Shiatsu and Percussion massage to get the benefit of both massage types.
- Extended neck massage cushion to help you massage the shoulders.
- Heat option for all three massage zones neck, Back, and Thighs
- Internal Cording system to make the storage of cable easy.
- Smartphone APP option to customize your massage experience.
- People with a height of less than 5.5″ may find it challenging to use neck and shoulder massager.
- Neck massager generates Clanking Noise after heavy use. May be due to constant use by many people.
4 . Naipo Back and Neck Massager Shiatsu Massage Chair for Seat Cushion Pad Full Body
Most of the chair massager pad we have reviewed so far comes with a limitation that You can not use them in the car.
Either they do not have the adapter to use in the car, or they cannot fit on car seats.
What if you are the kind of person whose job requires him or her to travel a lot.
Wouldn’t it be great if we can pull over the car for a few minutes and enjoy a quick massage to relax the aching back?
In that case, this massage cushion from Naipo is the best option for you.
This massager comes with a Car adapter, and it has an elastic adhesive strap.
So you can use it in the office chair as well as on the car seat.
This massager has many features that you can customize as per your need with the help of a handheld control.
You can choose from Shiatsu to Deep Tissue kneading and pinpointed spot massage.
It also has an optional heat function for your back and vibration function for your hips and thighs.
There are two nodes to massage the neck area.
What’s fantastic is you can adjust the height of the nodes as per your need. And also, you can change the rotating direction of the nodes.
This feature makes it a fantastic choice as sometimes you may like to change the massage experience from inside out to outside in.
And this change helps you get complete neck massage experience.
For the back, you can choose to massage your entire back.
The nodes will move up and down along the spine to make you feel like getting the message from a trained masseuse.
Or you can choose to massage either the upper or lower back to relieve the tension from any one part.
You can also choose the optional heat function to get maximum relief.
Let me tell you the heat function is relatively smooth compared to other back massagers for office chairs.
For the back, it has a separate spot massage option on the remote where you can target a particular zone to ease out the knots from your end.
The seating area comes with a vibrating option to relax your hip or thigh area.
Are you looking for a versatile and multipurpose massager? Which can be used either in the office or in the car, without compromising on the functionality.
Then this massager is for you.
- Complete Neck massage experience with nodes capable of rotating in the clockwise and anti-clockwise direction.
- It comes with an 8 ft long power cord and car adapter for use in the car and office.
- Massager stops working after 15 minutes to avoid any damage if you fall asleep while using it.
- you can use all the functions together or separately.
- A complete package for a back massage where you can choose any message type from multiple options.
- You will not face any issue using the neck massager if you are 5′ to 6′ tall above or below that you will need to adjust a bit.
- The seat vibration function doesn’t have the option to alter the intensity level.
5.Snailax Gel Shiatsu Neck & Back Massager-:
Two issues we found that were occurring again and again.
1. The neck massage area is not suitable for people more than 6 feet tall.
2. Nodes are hard plastic and sometimes feel too intense.
We were searching for something that can solve at least one of the issues.
We were searching for a fit for all types of chair cushion massager.
Did we found that?
But our search is on. So we will let you know when we find that.
But we did find the solution to the problems mentioned above.
And the Solution is Snailax Gel Shiatsu Neck & Back Massager.
- this massager has a neck massage region which fits for a person around 6′.2′
- It has four nodes that you can move up and down to massage your entire neck and shoulder area.
- ·Heat option in the neck is one more impressive feature of this massager.
- One more great feature is its detachable flap to choose from soft or intense massage. (even though it feels like intense or more intense massage)
- it has four gel-based nodes to massage your back
- This feature is excellent for people who do not like intense shiatsu massage, where plastic nodes felt like digging into your skin.
- Now we do not mean that you cannot have an intense massage. You can do that by removing the detachable flap.
- all the massage functions are available in this massagers like
A. You can choose from massaging the entire back or lower or upper back. Where the rolling massage function helps you in getting rid of the muscular tension
B. You can choose the spot massage function to get deep tissue massage in a concentrated area. And get rid of the muscle knots.
C. you can also adjust the width of the nodes to fit any body type.
D. It also has the heating option, but here the heat is not limited to the nodes. You get heat using one heating pad to provide you Omni soothing warm comfort on the entire back.
- for the seating area, it has the vibration option to relax your hip and thigh area
- You have the option to choose from a two-level vibration option.
It’s an excellent option for tall people.
But people with height less than 5′.7 can use the neck massage option using the cushion or pillow on the seating area.
The back massage nodes do not go high enough in this massager too. To massage the shoulder blade area, you can also use the moving nodes to fix this issue.
- You can set the timer either to 5 or 10 or 15 minutes as per your choice.
- The massager gets heated up within 2 minutes, and heat is also not too intense. Also, the overheating mechanism is there to handle any issue.
- Detachable flaps on both neck and back area to adjust the massage intensity.
- Heating pad instead of nodes to provide consistent heat at the back area.
- Two-level vibration option for the seating area.
- Gel nodes are not available for the neck area.
- If you are more than 6′, the back massager will rarely move up to the shoulder blades. (i have already mentioned the solution to this)
6.RENPHO Shiatsu Back Massager for Chair-:
Almost all the chair cushion massager has the neck massager function. Some with heat and some without heat.
But the problem is that the neck massager is not adjustable even though most of the messenger has node change functionality.
Even with that, it is hard to adjust the nodes to the exact position.
If you are less than 5’5,” you will need to use a pillow. And if you are more then 6′, you will need to sit in an awkward position to get the neck massage.
to solve this issue, we have a massager for you, and that is RENPHO Shiatsu Back Massager for Chair,
it has an adjustable massage pillow for the neck, and you can adjust it to 2.4 inches.
You can move the entire pillow instead of nodes, to fit your neck and get the fantastic kneading shiatsu massage.
along with that, it has all the must-have features like
- Rolling massage where the nodes move up and down to suck out the tension from your back
- You can customize the massage and choose from the option of full-back or lower and upper back massage.
- Pinpointed message for deep tissue shiatsu massage to ease the pain from a particular spot.
- heat option for both neck and back
- vibration option on the seat.
Now you may be thinking about what. That’s all it has to offer.
Wait, there are some features, apart from the moving neck pillow, which forced us to include this massager in our list of best back massager for office chairs.
- it has eight rotating nodes to massage your back while others have four nodes. they not only cover a larger area but also reaches to lower lumber area quite easily
- combined with heat, these nodes provide a great comfort
- these nodes move clockwise and anti-clockwise to give you a complete massage experience.
- for the neck area, it has four nodes that you can use with and without heat.
- the seat has three levels of vibration option so you can choose the intensity as you like.
- adjustable elastic straps to fit on any chair.
- This massager has an adjustable neck massager pillow, which can be adjusted to 2.4 inches and used by people of 5′.5″ to 6′.3″ height.
- 15-minute auto shut off timer to avoid any unwanted damage.
- extra massage nodes as compared to other chair massage pads.
- extra pad for the neck massage area.
- you can use it with or without heat function both at neck and back.
- Like other chair massagers, the nodes don’t go high enough to massage the shoulder area. If you are 5′.7′ of 6′ tall, you can use the neck massager to compensate that.
- For some people, the neck massager may feel a bit wide and may need to make some adjustments.
What is Deep Kneading Shiatsu massager?
First, we need to understand what is Shiatsu massage?. So Shiatsu is a Japanese term that means “finger pressure.” This pressure is applied to the body’s specific parts using fingers, thumbs, elbows, palm, and knuckles.
This type of massage helps in freeing up the energy flow and creates balance in the body.
This massage is beneficial in reducing muscle tension, pain, and fatigue in the body and improve the blood circulation
In Deep Kneading Shiatsu Massager, the massage nodes imitate the hands of a massage Therapist. And put pressure on the affected areas to give relief like an actual shiatsu massage.
Are shiatsu massagers good for you?
Generally, Shiatsu massagers are considered safe and known to provide multiple benefits like
1. Improvement in blood circulation.
2. Relief from back pain.
3. Reducing stress and tension
4. Useful in recovery from muscle injuries.
5. Maintain the energy flow in your body.
But a specific individual should consult an expert before using the shiatsu massage, for example, pregnant women, people with heart disease, weakened bones(osteoporosis) e.t.c
Also, Shiatsu massager should not be used on inflamed skin, open wounds, tumors, and surgery.
How often should you use a massage cushion?
Massage cushions are a great source of pain relief, but they are used wisely and in moderation.
Usually, for back, neck, and shoulder pain, you should use massage cushions 3-4 times a week for a maximum of 15 minutes. And for relaxation purposes, you can use it 2-3 times a week.
But remember not to increase the massage session for more than 15 minutes.
Can massage do more harm than good?
The answer is yes if you are not taking precautions while using the massage equipment.
Massage is proved to be a great way of reducing pain and tension in the body. Massage helps you in reducing stress and making you feel fresh.
But you need to keep these points in mind while using a massager.
1. Never use it in any medical condition without consulting an expert.
2. Please do not use it for more than 15 minutes in one session
3. Do not use on your head, chest, and face
4. Do not use a massage cushion while laying down the massage nodes may cause injury.
And most importantly
5. Please read the instruction manual before using the massager.